• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 differential

Hey all,

My M1009 started having what I thought were some transmission problems last week. It felt like the rear was dragging or having a problem getting going and then it started slipping a little after that but only on starting off, and once or twice when making a right turn the right rear wheel locked up but when I turned straight it unlocked. when I took the pumpkin cover off (to replace seal) there was no fluid in there. the gears in there seem to be loose but I am not familiar with that area of the vehicle. Could all this be caused by no fluid or might it be something else?

jj

But before you go...... Many,many,many years ago my father's '65 Belair got a lube job and they left the plug out. He drove it, billowing white smoke going down the highway. As a seven or eight year old i thought it was cool. The old man was not so amused. But he had it towed and re-filled and a new plug. We drove that car at least another 100,000 miles after that, the bearings in the axle singing opera the whole time. Fill your's back up and try it. All you lose is the cost of a few pints of ninety weight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks