• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 driver

Oldsouthernboy

I bought a M1009 in December, I made a offer of $2000.00 plus taxes and was taken up on it.. For driveabilty and safety I have started a program of maintaince. ALL NEW brakes front and rear including calibers and drums. Refurb the parking brake cables, replaced the broken turn signal in the colum, new head lights, replaced the broken power steering bracket, and the bottom mounting bracket, replace the entire battery cable set, from firewall forward, new fuel filter, air filter, About to do a total front end rebuild, needs ball joints and will replace bearings, tie rod ends, races, seals and U joints. The body is in good shape with one small rust area that I will fix this fall. replaced the starter bracket also. The hubs lock up good, stays in four wheel as placed in high or low, Rear window goes up and down, replaced the seals because they did not exist when I bought it. What I need is source for the high pressure power steering hoses. The pump to hydro booster and hydro booster the steering gear box. I have a power steering fluid weep in the hose and I want to fix it before it blows while driving. I have lurked on this site from December and found it a very valuable source of knowledge, When I am banging my head on the bumper, I come and look and I find a direction to go and most of the time it helps a lot. My salute to those real mechanices that spend the time helping people like me, a old boy punching the engine with bare knucles while working.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks