• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Dual Tanks?

acetomatoco

Sure, find a place to put it and plumb it and pay the bill....anything is possible...easier in the M1008 as the civvy gas version had twin tanks available..

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dual tanks are impractical on a Blazer. Not much room to mount anything extra. There is an after-market 41 gallon tank available, if I recall. That is the largest that I know of.

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm, can't find anything on the replacement tank.... The stock sizes were 25 and 31 gallons (although the TM says 27 gallons?), so you could always swap in a larger 31 gallon tank, but I knew a guy with a 1990 Blazer and he had a 40+ gallon tank that I thought he said he bought from JC Whitney. Of course, this was 10 or 12 years back... :roll:

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt that complies with DOT regulations... Regardless, if the truck catches fire in an accident, I'd rather not have the risk of being soaked in oil when I'm trying to get out through any nearby flames...

GPW1942

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BigRedLab, Got this message from Jim who can not post a reply.

DJ,
Can you do me a favor? In the thread below, BigRedLab is looking for a 'dual tank' set up for an M1009. They are NOT available. However, a 40 gallon tank from a Suburban will work. He will need longer strap bolts, but other than that it bolts right up. Desert Rat has already done this.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16539

He can GET that 40 gallon tank from LMC Truck : http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csb/t.asp
It's on page 104 and costs $140 plus s&h.

thx.

jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks