• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 electric help needed

Johnny Bravo

Hi all, I just got a M1009 that has a few electric issues that I need some help with.
Starting with the simple stuff, there's a small gauge wire, black with a white line that's broken, it goes up behind the fuse block somewhere, any clue what that wire is for and what it should be hooked up to ?
Now for the fun stuff, the headlights are reversed, low beam is the high beam and the high beam is the low beam. The headlight dimmer switch is also reversed, dims when you to turn the dash lights up and brightens when you go to dim the dash lights. The fuel gauge is somehow on the dimmer switch too, turn the switch one way the lights and the fuel gauge will give a reading, turn it the other way and it wont read at all. Also I have a blown passenger headlight, but not sure if that's related or not. So does anyone have a clue as to where I should start looking ?
I already have it all apart and it looks like it hasn't been messed with too much before, there are a few splices that look like its for the glow plugs.

Thanks for any help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks