• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 Engine mount questions

The int. TM calls for the motor to be removed in the explanation of replacing the motor mounts. I plan on some new mounts and harmonic balancer to eliminate some vibration. Is it possible to replace them( the mounts) with the engine in the vehicle? Can someone give me a 101 on the process if so?

firecontrol86

I used a piece of wood under the oil pan(being careful not to dent it in), put just enough pressure to be able to loosen all the bolts and did both at the same time. Had to jack it up a little more however to get the mounts all the way out and the new ones in. PITA, but I'm glad it got done. Just from my experience, if you don't have the new mounts yet NAPA has them, but it's for a 1983 6.2 even though mine is an 1986.

Barrman

This would also be a great time to change the lift pump with the motor up and the mount out of the way. Just one less thing to worry about.