• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Engine Problem RE: IP Pump

RECON 101

My "84 M1009 completely lost power climbing a steep hill I coasted back down Engine was barely running then stalled I restarted it, the engine raced then stumbled I shut it down restarted, run poorly with no power from then on. What I found so far oil in intake manifold all the way into the heads, fuel filter base leaking. starts ok has a slight miss blue grey smoke at idle throttle it up and black smoke and stumbles misses real bad. Has anyone else had same issues? is it the IP ??? I know CDR Valve is bad and fuel filter base needs to be replaced. feed back needed.URGENT...

RECON 101

Thanks! unfortunately I started to tear engine down due to limited resources to diagnose properly, I'm way off grid. I do have a spare IP pump and a used filter base

RECON 101

UPDATE, Completed changing out the Injector Pump with Donor Pump, I could barely turn the drive shaft it was grinding and locking up when I turned it, problem solved. Donor pump is working perfect. Thanks to everyone for your support, RECON 101

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks