• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Finally Made it Home

rgguin

My CUCV M1009 finally came home. I drove it 16 miles from the mechanics house last night with the new flexplate. Everything seemed fine. Got to work on gas gauge problem and right side gen light. Both batteries are charging, but the right light and amp gauge have problems. Lot to learn, but now I have a MV with a heater for Winter driving.

CCATLETT1984

for the right light, there is a fusible link on the drivers side alternator that could be in need of replacement. as for the voltmeter, mine died and needed to be replaced. (it was acting funny before it finally died.)

Armada

Congrats Ronnie! Thats a clean 1009!

Chris, when your voltmeter was acting funny before it quit, what was it doing exactly? Needle bouncing, reading low/high, not at all?

rgguin

I bought it through a private sale with title. It is a 1984 with the antenna mounts at the rear on both sides. I understand they moved the antenna mounts foward after 1984. One side has the original antenna mast on it and the radio cable and plug are still in it. I also have the radio tray and braces. I need to found the antenna and a radio at some point. Someone wrote on the dash "do not start truck with radio on". My generator gauge is steady, but stays in the yellow range.

ONTOS66

The "Be Sure Radios Are Off Before Starting Engine" is a standard warning on all military vehicles. Usually there is a nice decal (if they had them) or sometimes a unit will use a stencil ... or ...

Communications gear does not like large surges of electricity as a wake up call. I had this problem with battalion staff officers who would monitor the radios with the engine off, thten get an urge to go somewhere and crank up without taking a moment to turn off the radios - then wonder why they weren't working properly. Officers!!! (or heaven help us ... new Lieutenants .. shudder) At least my tank crews were straight forward .. they stepped on everything, used hammers for fine tuning .. and admitted it.

Armor - The Combat Arm of Decision

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks