• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Flywheel question

wheelerphoto

Hi guys, I have a (hopefully) simple question, but I can't find the answers anywhere after a lot of searching.

I have two recently purchased M1009's, one of which is about ready to hit the road/woods. But, both have flywheels with broken teeth, so the starters won't engage. I've found flywheels at a local parts house for $43.00, but was unsure if the civilian version had the same specs as the CUCV's. The parts house referenced them to the same year model with the 6.2 Liter and automatic tranny, I just wasn't sure if they would interchange. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get the flexplate for a TH400 automatic (use a 1986 K30 pickup 6.2/TH400 if you need to). The civvy Blazer had the 700R4, not the TH400. They have different part #'s.

jeepin

Another key when the parts dude is looking this up is that both the 08 and 09 are "J" VIN diesels. That would make a difference in the part they sell you.

watkinssr

yeah, the k30 directiosn work. Just go through doing one of these.

If you get four 3/8-16, 4 inch long bolts you can replace the bottom four bell housing bolts and just slide the transmission back far enough to get to the flyflexwheelplate bolts. A woble socket and a very long extension for the top bolts comes in really handy. Also brush up on your profanity.

BTW, flexplate may be correct, but it's listed in most of the parts books as a flywheel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks