• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 front brake lock up odyssey

Sergeant1983

Vehicle took 3-5 more mph to shift for the last 6 months. Could not figure out why. Then recently developed a slight vibration now and then that came and went out.

So when my front right caliper locked up bigger than Stuttgart, replacement of both calpers and brake pads seem to fix my shifting and vibration.

But then two days later the left one locked up.

So I tried replacing the flex lines to solve the problem, as there was small debris and thought maybe they were deteriorating and debris was causation

But problem contiued on both sides now

Last repair was to replace the master cylinder and flush til bright new purple fluid was comming out of every wheel cylinder

Last reapair attempt appears to have worked...knock on wood

Last edited:

Drock

Could have just bin some moisture got in caused some havoc. But also if they were the original calipers and wheel cylinders they really needed to be replaced anyways. Vehicles that have or do, sit for extended periods of time always develop sticking brake components. It happens real bad in Florida with all the salt air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks