• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Headlight Question

m1ssm0rgan

My apologies, I have tried reading through a few headlight threads and have not found what might be the problem with my M1009. I will just make it simple instead of going into a whole story =]

Headlights do not work.
Blackout switch is in proper position.
Fuse is fine.
I have been told the bulbs are fine.
There are two green wires on the back side of the headlight with butt splice connectors. Not connected to anything

We are using this vehicle at my work. So, a few of us have been trying to figure out what could be wrong. Not sure if it is related, but the windshield wipers are not working either and the fuse is fine.

Honestly, we think the geniuses at the shop here cut something and hoped we wouldn't notice.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I am new to the forum and to the experience of a M1009. So, forgive me if this is an easy fix!

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I've had no headlights due to a faulty high/low beam switch at the column, if you click the high beams a hundred times and they come on once or twice it's that. Sounds like there has been some wiring modifications done, they should just have a regular 3 blade connector on each light.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely sounds like someone hacked into wiring.
There are NOS headlight harnesses on eBay (Not mine) if you need to go that route.
Might be easier
Grab a known good headlight and test that for yourself. If it truly doesn’t work, then start from there.
Fuse panel is a known problem area because of age and tampering.

It’s not fun and a total pain, but it needs to be done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks