• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 highways speeds

jimm1009

top M1009 speed

The 3.08 refers to the OEM ring & pinion gear ratio.
All M1009 CUCV's have the same ratio in order to swap like parts from truck to truck. All M1008's are the same as all other M1008's as are all M1028 axles the same to each other as well.
This is way in a battlefield setting, an axle can be robbed from one "like vehicle" and put on another one in order to keep most of the ground fleet moving forward.
I have been driving my M1009 with 33 / 12.50 x 15 tires on the stock 15 x 8 wheels for 14 years. No lift was done, only replacing the 31 inche tires with the 33's. No fneder trimming although I don't do "extreme off roading" or "rock crawling" with it either.
I can cruise along at 70 all day long and creep up to 75 once in a while but the
engine RPM is a little high the fuel economy goes way down compared to 65 to 70 range. 68 MPH and I'll get 20 miles per gallon in my daily driver on the open road here in ultra-flat Louisiana.
Jim:)

Westech

CPL
I have to run down the highway about 12 miles to post everyday. If I take the back roads i can only get up to 65 but if I take the main highway we are hauling butt. I have my garman and it said 89 MPH one day. Bus most of the time its around 80-85 MPH.
If I were going on a long trip I would keep it around 65-70 all day and not think twice.

motormayhem

Is there a way to tell what mine can do without over revving the motor? The only time I need to go on the highway is to get to the mountains 200mi away. Also with the 35's should it be able to go faster or slower with 3.08's?

AJMBLAZER

Faster. The 35's have effectively raised your gear ratio to something in the 2.xx:1 range. Put some 38's on and you'd need a push start but could probably run Bonneville.

AJMBLAZER

His truck is already lifted on 35's I believe.

15x8's fit 35x12.5R15's just fine. Been done gazillions of times.

Regearing to 3.73 or 4.10's would be best along with fixing the speedo (although I haven't even done the later yet...45mph = 55mph ish)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks