• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 injection timing

donalloy1

Have noticed that some have advanced injection timing to increase Horse Power and gain fuel economy. Was going to try this weekend. Which direction do I move mobile indicator vs. stationary?
The other question I have is optimum distance on advancement. Read somewhere that 4 mm is the not to exceed?
My 6.2 seems to be in good condition w/low miles. Starts easily and getting about 15-16 mpg. Existing power seems pretty good unless in long pull from starting stop. All input is appreciated. DMLII sends...:idea:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To do any timing correctly, you need to use a timing light.

Westech

CPL
and the diesel timing kit is about 200-500 bucks. I have only seen them on ebay hence they have not been made in over 10 years. When you are good with the 6.2 you can time it by ear and feel.

donalloy1

Have read of advancing without such aids. Spoken only in advancing minute increments from factory on center. Three bolts hold in position on top of manifold. Avoid such a adjustment like plague I gather?