• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 injector issue

THolzknecht

I recently bought a m1009 with 13000 orignal miles and i have a few questions 1st is i think i have a bad injector front driver side its the only one that wetness around it and then the other day i had pure diesel in my drive way. i popped the hood whiles it was running and it was leaking well more like a constant drip where the fuel injector line is attached to the injector. next question does it need to be tightend or replaced. will the civilian 6.2 injector's work? not to mention the cucv keeps dying but it only dies when its in drive or reverse i have to put it in neutral while at a intersection and it idles weird aswell any help would be great guys

12vctd

well let me explain first theres two things that could be leaking there the line to the injector or the injector itself. If its the line I would just simply retighten it slowly and see if it stops it if its the injector it might have a bad copper sealing washer but you could tighten it alittle as well

Barrman

Don't go gorilla tight with it either. The line will crack if crushed. While using your 3/4" open end to tighten the injector hard line, make sure the injector isn't moving as well. If it is, loosen the hard line, tighten the injector up and then tighten the line up. Don't forget that the pair of return lines on each injector could also be the cause of the leak.

THolzknecht

one other thing i for got to mention i used stp diesel injector treatment in it for some odd reason could it be the cause? some people have said it not good to use those fluids in some diesel engines?