• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 IP Leak

Untersee

Hi Fellas,
I read through lots of old posts today, didn't find what I was looking for.
My Injection Pump is leaking from the lower, driver side IP mounting stud. Looks like it drips from right under the stud. This started about 2 days ago when the weather turned cold 45 high 34 lows(not really that cold!). Truck has 35k, I suspect the pump has been replaced before because it looks very fresh. However it may still be 10 years old, not sure.

Question

Is the weep hole on the IP in that general area?

Could I have blown a seal do to colder weather?

Thanks in advance, your always a great help!

Barrman

My M1009 did fine until the first cold spell a few years ago. My leak and probably your leak as well was from the drive side throttle shaft seal. There is nothing wet near the mounting flange except engine oil from the timing gear area. Mine would leak anytime it was below 50° out. Then be just fine in warm weather. I drove it that way for almost a year and did a pump swap. That is probably where you are headed.

Just for kicks, dry everything off down there, fire it up and see if you can actually see a leak. Mine was dripping from the shaft. Check your metal return line that goes right over the mouting flange. Maybe it is cracked or leaking.