• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Is there a guide for rebuilding the Saginaw Double Cardin CV?

Loco_Hosa

My M1009 hyper compressed the front driveshaft and broke the CV, causing a hell of an ugly clunk sound when in 4wd. I took it apart, shortened the shaft, but Im having trouble understanding how this CV goes back together and I would love some help. And yes, I tried to check the TMs and searched.

All of the pieces on the transfer case side were already gone when I took it apart, so I dont have a great idea of what it should look like all together.

Loco_Hosa

Yep, and also after seeing that "weld"... I'd recommend finding a good take-out part and replace the whole shaft.

Of course, it never hurts learning how things (should) work.
Ouch! Yeah, I was having some issues with the machine and a "Professional" had already cut it and welded it before.... but really mangled it. I am planning to grind it down and take a second pass.

With the 52inch front springs any driveshaft I pull will be too short, so Im better off to make it work with what I have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks