• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 license plate mount

Pawnshop

I need to mount a license plate, with a light, on the rear of my M1009. I have seen the thread discussing magnets and Velcro but I need a light. Anyone out there have any photos of your setup? I would prefer to not drill holes in my tail gate but I think that may be the only way to go that does not cover the blackout lights, allows the gate to be lowered and does not delete the pintle hitch. Anyone have any other ideas?

Sam R

Attachments

ABN173

Last edited:

jrou111

I've got an idea that I'm going to try with mine. I'm going to make a sleeve that goes behind one of the shackles on the square tubing. The shackle will hold it into place, and it'd be removable by taking off the shackle. Then I'm going to weld a frame to hold the license plate.

bigflew

jrou111 is thinking the same thing as me. ez to make angle iron frame. Just dont forget the plate light. you never want to give them a reason to stop you.

Pawnshop

ida34

I just fabricated one this weekend. I had planned to post pics when I got it put on the truck. Basically it mounts to the bolt that holds the top of the pintle plate to the bumper. On the other side I put on a door bumper to keep from having metal to metal contact if it got pushed back. I did not run a light yet but will mount it on the frame when I do. If does not interfere with the pintle, blackout lights, or the tailgate. Again I will post pics this weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks