• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Markings

motormayhem

Where is a good place to find what markings were on an m1009? I would like to add the military markings back to it, such as the TP - 35 PSI above the wheels, however my was repainted with the desert camo brown before being decommissioned. Also what is a good way to stencil them I don have a stencil kit, but if they sell one I may consider getting one.

Thanks,
Miles

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The bumpers would have had the unit information.

I had a thread on this before about how there is suppose to be a set standard per the regulation but the problem is that private joe snuffy who is the one doing the stenciling doesn't read the regulations. So you can get a very hodge podge of bumper numbers even within the same unit. I had one unit that within the same motorpool between 15 vehicles had 3 different forms of bumper numbers. Active duty units aren't quite as bad and NG units I don't think are as bad as USAR just by personal observation.

There are various vendors that will cut stencils to order. I think there is a show coming up in Phoenix soon (or maybe it already passed) and there should be vendors there. I've also known units that used peal and stick lables.

There is a TM/TB that spells out all the regulation info for stencils and markings but I was one of those guys that never read the manual so I don't know what the number it. I do know that it is in the resources section though.

motormayhem

I just recently looked at my truck when the sun was shinning on it just right and noticed under the tan carc are the markings. What does USAISD or USAISC or something like that painted drivers side of the tailgate mean? And does anyone know what the tm is for the stenciling on the 1009 is?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try TB43-0209. Also if you lightly wet sand the bumpers where the markings should be, they may appear and you can read them. That worked for me.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I just recently looked at my truck when the sun was shinning on it just right and noticed under the tan carc are the markings. What does USAISD or USAISC or something like that painted drivers side of the tailgate mean? And does anyone know what the tm is for the stenciling on the 1009 is?
United States Army Intelligence School Detachment at Ft H, AZ.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks