• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Motor Mounts

CSandoz

Good Morning all.

Whilst crawling around under my rig this weekend i noticed that my passenger side motor mount is all but wiped out.
Naturally i dove into the rabbit hole of CUCV Motor mounts. :rolleyes:
After reading many of the threads here on the subject, the "kit" that seems most popular is the Energy Suspension 3.1124G.

For those of you running this part number, have you run into any issues? How has the clearance been over time?

My aim is to have to swap these out one time and not several times. I'm basically looking to verify the information.

Thanks in advance.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes we've used them on all so far and no real problems at all. Only thing that we got was severe vibrations going into the cab...gotta leave the bolts loose and run the engine to let it find it's happy spot in the bay. That one we did the trans mounts at the same time and was a little twisted in the mounts so it would vibrate the dash out. Simple fix but only real problem. Takes about an hour with a basic cherry picker lifting the drivers side only...can do both side from the one lifting point.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CSandoz

Yes we've used them on all so far and no real problems at all. Only thing that we got was severe vibrations going into the cab...gotta leave the bolts loose and run the engine to let it find it's happy spot I'm the bay. That one we did the trans mounts at the same time and was a little twisted in the mounts so it would vibrate the dash out. Simple fix but only real problem. Takes about an hour with a basic cherry picker lifting the drivers side only...can do both side from the one lifting point.

That's good info to know. I appreciate the intel.

If i might ask, did you also replace your Mounting bolts? or did you just clean them up and re-use them?
i was thinking about replacing the grade 5 (3/8-16) bolts that hold the clam shells down.
I noticed also in the TM's that the driver side and passenger side linking bolts ( 7/16-14 ) were not the same. apparently each side has a different bolt?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's good info to know. I appreciate the intel.

If i might ask, did you also replace your Mounting bolts? or did you just clean them up and re-use them?
i was thinking about replacing the grade 5 (3/8-16) bolts that hold the clam shells down.
I noticed also in the TM's that the driver side and passenger side linking bolts ( 7/16-14 ) were not the same. apparently each side has a different bolt?
No we used all the original stuff in there with a few exceptions if someone was in there before and used weird stuff. Like to have the same bolt head size and not a mismatch. The passenger side main bolt goes through a cutout in the mount so it can be put in without taking the starter out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks