• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 oh boy

panzerwillie

Well on my way back fom the ge together in OPOPKA i hear a noise and the wheel pull hard t the rigth, got offthe HWY and jack it up and did not see anythng loose , i touch both hubbs with my handsand you could keep your palm on them , so drove the rest of the way home anout 8 miles slow on city street , as i was getting closer to the house i heard some grinding of the rigth front , so jack it up and sure enougth it seen like bad bearings, i greese then about a month or so, got new bearings and seal from NAPA yesterday and try to take it apart , it was getting dark so left it for this morning try fro 5 hours even with my big slide hamer for heavy equipment did not budge, so had to cut it with a torch took about a hour or so , now is all clean and being trying to find a front hubb and spindle here localy but so far nothing so for now keep looking around if some one has aa idead where o get them ADVISE , here are some pictures thank you
GEDC0013.jpg

GEDC0014.jpg

GEDC0015.jpg

GEDC0016.jpg

91W350

That is ugly, makes me want to go pack my bearings! I am guilty of letting them go. I rarely drive in water and it is not part of my normal maintenance routine. I do however check them anytime I change tires or brakes. Normally if I am in there for brakes, I repack the wheel bearings. Glen

panzerwillie

Well since i own it and check then before and i never go in water with it or even put it on 4x4 , i check the other side and full of greese and sounds good when you spin it, for now just need parts..

bubba_got_you

money is tight can anyone tell me how 2 repack my bearings my self?
[FONT=&quot]Pull the hub (how to do that has been covered here lots of times) pull the bearings clean them out pack new grease in them (lots of it) put grease on the spindle and all surfaces, replace seals and reinstall hub.[/FONT] [thumbzup]

Last edited:

davidkroberts

[FONT=&quot]Pull the hub (how to do that has been covered here lots of times) pull the bearings clean them out pack new grease in them (lots of it) put grease on the spindle and all surfaces, replace seals and reinstall hub.[/FONT] [thumbzup]
the easiest way to get the grease in the bearing portion.... the one with the little wheels... is to take a big glob of grease in your palm and press the grease into the bearing using the meaty portion of your palm.... you really cant overdo it with the grease

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks