• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 over heating

Westech

CPL
could be t stat, clogged radiator, low on coolant...... but if you want to can the engine right off the bat go for it. I think you need to read the TM and find out how to trouble shoot overheating.
You will want to make sure the coolant is full, and then pressure test the cooling system and go from there. always start and the bottom and work your way up.

rlwm211

I would use a test for exhaust contamination in the coolant. It is possible that the combustion gases are seeping into the coolant passages on the compression/combustion stroke and when the radiator is closed it builds up and displaces the coolant out the passages in the block and the radiator and then it overheats. As long as the radiator system cannot build pressure the gas finds its way out of the system. If this is the case it is a head gasket problem.

Just my two cents worth
RL

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks