• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 owners

camoyj7

I have been reading alot of threads about wheel bearing problems on M1009's lately so I thought I should check mine out. My driver side wheel bearing was a little loose but not too bad but the locking nut was really loose. The passenger side bearings were good but the locking nut was also loose. It doesn't seam like they torque the locking nut on these trucks. Anyone with a new m1009 you should check your front bearings before you have problems.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's call preventative maintainace and should be done on all vehicles regularly . The only reason people keep having their wheels fall off of M1009's is neglect.

Patattack

when u first service them make sure u get a service kit for the hub locks with the new o-rings or new hub locks. i didnt do that my first look and lets say when i went off roading water got into the hubs cuz off bad o-rings and had to replace every thing, bearings, races, seals and hubs locks. just alittle pointer if u like to go off roading.

cucv1833

Thanks for the info guys. Ive also seen alot of threads on this and plan on doing all the servicing from the TM12 before i hit the road in my new M1009.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Again, fore thought prevails! Thanks, I haven't done mine yet. Was recently purchased from another SS member who had gone through the truck. Never a bad idea to do preventive maint. Just something that often gets over looked because of other "pressing" problems, like being out of milk, having to go to work, going to H Depot, Lowes, etc etc etc. Thanks for keeping it in front of me, and GREAT idea about the seals and orings!
God bless,

Tony:grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks