• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Parts

deepseamax

Hello Gentlemen,
I recently returned home from my 4th tour in Iraq and found a 1985 M1009. Its engine and drivetrain are in good shape and it runs great.. but its got alot of cancer (body rust). I know it was from an army reserve unit up north somewhere, probably where there is salt on the roads in winter. All of my inner fenders, tailgate etc are rusted. I found most of the aftermarket repalcement pans, door skins etc. so the body work isnt too hard to do. My problem is that I need new seats, seat belts and minor things here and there which I can't get aftermarket. I plan on keeping it original looking, but not totally restoring it to the way it was in the army with radios, antennas, blackout lights etc.. I just want it to look original military with as many of the essentials being factory and of course to run good. Any info on where to go to get little parts here and there?
Thanks alot for any input...

Max

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you get your truck, start one thread and have all your questions there.

While you are waiting download the FREE Technical Manuals from www.jatonkam35s.com
(the manuals are oflline here)

Read the CUCV Wiki and the stickies.

Buy a digital voltmeter and learn to use it. Also a battery charger and load tester. You will have need for them.

The only place to buy the small unique parts is from a parts truck. Many members post them in the classifieds. Or you can buy your own parts truck. There was a post just yesterday about the pros and cons.

And Welcome to SteelSoldiers and the OD Fever madness. And thanks for your service.

deepseamax

I appreciate the help Warthog, I thought I had to list my issues, concerns and questions seperately? I will get better at this in time as I use the website and learn my way around.

Max

HAWKMAN

Once you get your list drop me a PM, I usually have a couple parts trucks on hand and can probably help you out with some of the more unique CUCV parts. Welcome to SS and thanks for your service to our country!!!:grin::grin::grin:

ryan77

Thank you for your service! You might want to get a whole tub and switch everything over or just buy a rust free one! Its not worth fixing a rot bucket when you can buy a rust free one for under 3 grand!!! I recently restored a rot bucket that was from sparta wisconsin, ended up replacing, both inner fenders,drivers door,both rockers, drivers fender and part of the floor, to much work i should have parted it out!!! Good luck in whatever decision you make!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks