• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Passenger side alternator parasitic drain.

Jgarlock1992

Hello,

I am having an issue where the passenger side alternator is pulling a constant .5v from the rear battery with the ignition off. Does anyone know what could be causing this??

If I disconnect the two wires from the alt to the 24v rail the drain goes away, if i disconnect the two wire plug at the alternator it drops to .2v, if i disconnect the main power wire it drops down to .3v

This is causing the vehicle battery to die while sitting over time, I am guessing I will have to rebuild this alternator, but hoping there is an easy solution..

Any help is appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks