• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Power Steering pump

Warren Lovell

Does anyone know where to get a new / NOS / or rebuilt power steering pump unit with the pulleys attached? This is for my 1986 CUCV M1009.

I could go the NAPA route...but there must be a better way.

Thanks,

Warren

Warren Lovell

okay..had to have a machine shop remove pulley with a special puller. I tried with a 3 jaw puller, but no go. That snap On tool ($350) took that thing right off. Then installing it with another Snap On tool ($175). Now I can get my core charge back.
Now to install it!

warrren

Warren Lovell

Update...make sure you install pump bracket before pulley!!! My bracket sheared off the three bolts over the years and when the last one broke, the pump came out real easy!!!
Now, getting the 9.8 bolts was a pain. GM no longer carries it and gave me 1/2" longer 8.8 bolts which I had to cut down.
My pump was 35.00 with my bro's wife's discount. Gives you an idea on the mark-up. The shaft of the reman pump needed to be .0005 thicker for a press fit, so the machinist center-punched the whole shaft and it worked fine.