• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Questions

rickyman355

I am an owner of a 1984 M1009. I heard that if you turn up the fuel pump on this vehicle that it will increase the horsepower and fuel economy, is this ture? Also what does locking the wheel hubs do? I've been told that I have to do that in order to put it in 4 wheel drive that is locks the hubs to the front axle, but I've also been told that that it gives you locking differentials.

I'm thinking about running this vehicle on vegitable oil. I've done alot of reading up on it, but the biggest problem I'm going to have is finding the vegitable oil. Does anyone know where I can find alot of used veg. oil for free? I'm guessing most restruants have a contract with a company to pick up their oil. I would actually be willing to pay for the used vegitable oil as long as it was very cheap. Has anyone ever done this before and know a good place to get it?