• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Radiator pull

I need to take the radiator out of my M1009 to get a hole plugged. Anything special I need to know about pulling it? (done it on a duece and a honda but this looks a little different) Thanks

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much. Drain it, disconnect hoses and cooler lines (oil and tranny) and unbolt the top brackets and push the fan shroud back and lift it up out of there. Pretty straightforward.

jj

But be Aware that it is a fairly heavy piece. Get a helper or stand on a ladder to get a better angle on the lift. It is heavy and awkward!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I don't think that's really worth the effort. Once you unbolt the shround and move it back, there's plenty of clearance to get the radiator up and out without screwing with the fan. 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks