• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Radio

1986Blazerk5

Has anybody ever added a radio with a cd player stuff like that (not a military radio) i know i need 3inch spekers for the dash but where can i find these and what head unit would fit in the truck and how to mount thanks

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just did my M1009 yesterday. Got the factory dash speakers with brackets and antenna from a junk yard for about $10. Not a hard install, just time consuming as you'll have to run all the wires yourself since there is no radio wire harness to tap into. You'll have to use a jig saw to cut the dash for the stereo unless you go with an old school 2 knob radio that the dash is already set up for. I found some nice self enclosed JBL speakers from a ford explorer for the back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks