• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rear fended insulation, now I understand

Barrman

I have been reading about people who think a M1009 is noisy inside for years. Not understanding the problem. Could be that I think it is the less noisy Mv I have ever been in because I started out with a stock NP200 equiped M715 and moved up to a Whistler M35a2 and have the boiler room mechanical noise of a Gasser M35 just for fun.

I have been driving mine since June and have no complants. We haven't had rain since then either. Tuesday we had rain. Enough rain to even make puddles and everything. Maybe a whole 1/2 inch. Those things are loud inside with the water flying! Hmm, maybe there is something to this idea of insulating back there.

Midnight Rider

There is definitely alot more noise heard in my 1009 than in my Jeep, but I've never considered it extremely loud or bothersome in any way.

I do like my music loud and run with the windows down, plus I've always had straight pipes or glass packs on my vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks