• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rear glass creep

Barrman

Colton and I took the M1009 camping with 4 other fellow members over the weekend. The truck did great with over 500 miles driven. We didn't want to mess with setting up a tent or dragging the 101 around. Instead, we just left the tail gate down and slept in the back with the rear seat folded up.

I noticed the rear window would start to creeep out of the tailgate. I would roll it all the way down and come back later to find it out about 1/2 inch again. I have never left the tail gate down this long before or payed attention before. I don't feel any slack in the crank when I go to move it back down like would be there if it was just floating free.

Then, driving home yesterday a rail road track got us bouncing pretty good and the window had come down about 2 inches. Never done that before either. That got me thinking the clutch inside the crank is going.

I haven't taken the crank apart before. Just read the TM and looked at the pictures about how to do it. I really don't care if it creeps. I am more worried about it being about to break and leave me with a stuck window. Anybody else had this happen to them?

Thanks.