• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rear window key lock

CycleJay

Hi guys,

I just had a new issue pop up with my 1009.

When I put the key into the lock on the crank handle it turns,
but no matter what direction I turn it, it will not lock,
or the lock cylinder comes out stuck to the key.

I cannot lock the window, to prevent someone from rolling down the window.

What is going on?
And how do I fix it?

It does not look or feel like anything is broken, and it is well greased in there.

Any helpful information would be appreciated.

Thank you....

Last edited:

CycleJay

Hello,

I found the page, you mentioned.

But it does not tell me how to fix it if the lock cylinder comes out.
But from the diagram I am thinking maybe one of the "clip" parts may have broken
or came out somewhere, that is meant to retain it, maybe. That is my theory.

Thank you,

67_C-30

The lock cylinder on my M1009 has been like that since I got it, but I found that you can stick 1/8 allen wrench in the slot inside the handle where lock cylinder goes and it will engage the crank mechanism. This was a temporary way to let the window up and down, but I have never fixed it. If somebody comes up and tries to get in truck, the handle just spins, and they would think it just didn't work. I know how bad they suck from having civi Blazers in the past, so I figure to **** with it, I'll leave it alone. Redneck? Yes, but its been working 2 years . Besides, if somebody wants in it bad enough, they are going to break the window anyway...

Timber

I've already replaced the one on my civvy K5, the lock cylinder is missing on my CUCV and needs replaced. It's not that big a job. I don't recall the exact steps because I replaced the crank mechanism with a new chrome one when I did the one on my civvy truck. I don't know if you have to break it down that far to replace just the lock cylinder. But it wasn't bad.

Barrman

There is a snap ring holding the clutch on. Then a spring loaded pawl that has to be removed before the cylinder is supposed to come out. If you have the cylinder coming out and the handle still turning the crank. Then I would guess your handle housing is cracked and bent up. Take it apart first, but you might be better off spending the $34 or so with LMC so you can slap in a new handle while you have it out.

i just fixed mine last week or so. I opened the access panel on the inside of the tail gate got the glass in the up position and took it apart slowly. While you have it apart i would suggest rekeying it, i did that so i had unique keys. but you can get a new lock if you need to at napa. i would think the ring or clip or maybe the housing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks