• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 replacement floor pan question

galeo7171

I'm getting ready to order some replacement floor pans and rocker panels for the m1009. I need to replace basically the whole front cab section including underneath and behind the front seats. When the new panels come, will they have holes pre drilled for the seat brackets?

howardc

I have to do the same thing for my 85 m1009, rockers and floor pans. I found repair panels but haven't found the whole floor panel.

pmramsey

I purchased my replacement pans from LMC truck. However, they required much...much...adjustment. Welding skill is a must.

197thhhc

I purchased my replacement pans from LMC truck. However, they required much...much...adjustment. Welding skill is a must.

I've used other companies floor pans but in my opinion LMC is the best one out there. Maybe someone is offering something newer and better but I havent found it.

They do take some massaging to fit properly good luck.

If you can get by with a patch panel I would lean that way.

gungearz

No... They will not have any holes pre drilled in them. You will have to drill the holes out from underneath to fit the seat back in and whatever ones are mounted directly to the floor pan require putting the seat in, mounting it with the holes you already drilled from underneath, marking the other holes from the top, taking the seat back out and drilling those..... Its a pain but very rewarding.

Warren Lovell

If you buy the floor pans, just cut out the areas you need to replace from the new panels...unless you have no floor. Use magnets to hold it in position until you tack weld it in place.
And yes , they do take some tweaking to fit. Nothing that a body hammer, dolly, and a pair of pliers can't fix.

JUNKYARDJOHN

I have to do the same thing for my 85 m1009, rockers and floor pans. I found repair panels but haven't found the whole floor panel.
I just got a rustfree 86 1028 that Im getting ready to part, & I won't be needing the cab. I'm in somerset KY. P.M. me & I think I can save you alot of work & money . (oops... brain fart... just realized it's a 09) John

Last edited:

howardc

Old thread, but... Rather than clog the system up with a new thread I figured this'll do.

Finally scrounged up enough cash to get the floor replaced. It's at the shop now. Along with the floor pans, it's also getting new inner/outer rockers, and I'm gonna DIY durabak it. Might even throw in a lift kit, haven't decided on that yet. Anyway, people love pics so here are a few befores for you to feast your eyes upon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368544137.143670.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368544187.977712.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368544216.163536.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368544238.958797.jpg

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Going to DIY my rockers and floor pans soon. What are they charging you for labor? I called around locally and the prices ranged so much I gave up and decided to learn to weld.

howardc

$1400 for the parts and labor for the floor replacement, and rockers.

The durabak I'm gonna attempt myself, and the lift would be extra should I pull the trigger.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I think you got a good price. I remember a tip someone gave me on having a shop do body work for you: Ask politely if they can snap a few progress pictures while things are unpainted, explaining that it will make your collectable worth more later on if you sell it. You have the added benefit of KNOWING how they fixed it and keeping them honest.

howardc

I'm happy with the price. He said he'd take pics of the progress for me. I've used him before on other projects for other vehicles and am not worried about him cutting corners.

He said 2 weeks, so a week and a half to go. Pics coming soon!

unaffiliated

Several things to keep in mind with rust repair. There is always more than you can see, it always takes longer than expected to repair, it generally costs more than the shop originally quoted. I have fixed floor pans on Mercedes for customers so I know all about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks