• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 side-by-side paint. Old vs New

edpdx

I am getting the paint together to give my new-to-me M1009 a new Nato camo paint job. I see there are newer patterns to replace the "old" pattern.

Is there a photo somewhere that shows the actual vehicle side-by-side. I have seen the line art patterns- I just want to see the real deal before I commit.

I painted my M1008 knock -off using the old pattern and have been happy with it; but I may like the newer one for my M1009.

Has there been a poll on this?

What pattern do you all prefer?

PS. I have 383 green and brown... what Black do I need?

edpdx

Has anyone painted their M1009 in the new pattern? Does anyone know where I can see one painted in the new pattern?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1009 in each pattern. Personally, I much prefer the newer pattern, looks less European or like bubba painted it. Some do prefer that one though.

My old pattern 1009 (Pigpen) will get repainted at some point, it will get the new pattern. Don't know if it will keep the big white reflective panels, I hated them at first but they have kinda grown on me.

My new pattern varies only slightly from the book, except for the hood which is quite a bit off.

I'm guessing you have done a search and already know that both patterns are in TB 43-0209 in the manual section.

Cheers

Pic 1- New pattern on left (the one on the right is pretty mud splattered)
Pic 2- New pattern is on right, Pigpen on the left is much faded/retouched.
Pic 3- Old pattern
Pic 4- New (I just got done stealing Pigpen's wheels and putting them on here for a show this weekend)
Pic 5- Pawnshop's M1009, the hood pattern is per manual. The hood on mine does not match the pattern. Neither does the roof, but who cares!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks