• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Spare Wheel

Howdy folks, happy (almost) Thanksgiving! Had a quick question to anyone out there that's reading this! I have an M1009 with what appears to be the factory wheels from the military. I do not have a spare, and I am wishing to get one since I plan to do some very long distance drives with her and getting stranded with a flat isn't on the to do list. My questions are the following...

I saw the bolt pattern was 8x6.5 online, is that right?

Should any squarebody 6 lug rim fit?

What's the best place to get a matching rim? (looking for something really cheap, doesn't have to be pretty)

Would anyone reading this happen to have am old cheap 33" tire/rim to sell? :D

Thank you!

cucvrus

Any 6 bolt Chevy rim will fit back into the 50's. I have used Rally wheels as spares when the CUCV M1009 get hard to come by. The stock wheels for an M1009 can fetch $150. each if you find them. But you can get by with a standard 6 lug 15" wheel as a spare. My 2014 Silverado has 6 lug wheels just a different back space and will hit when turned. Happy Holidays.

cucvrus

That was the only thing I saw on Ebay. That is NOT an M1009 wheel. And that brings up a good question. What is the stock wheel width on a CUCV M1028? Happy Holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope
Thats not it
I do know the difference between the two.

Look under M1009
Had some a few days ago unless he's already sold them all

cucvrus

No M1009 wheels today. Steering wheels. M1009 wheels are very hard to come by. This is one of my all time favorites that was listed.
That is some funny stuff. The plug is cut off and all on the under dash diagnostic plug. I have been hanging onto every M1009 CUCV wheel I have. Happy Holidays.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't link ebay Rick. Stock width on the 8 lug rims is 6.5". The seller that had the wheels on EBay was Kublo's Surplus. The rims were a replacement but didn't had the hubcap nubs that the original ones had. The CUCV rims are very useful.

cucvrus

The 16 " wheel they have listed is a 16 X 6.0 and I think it looks like a ford wheel. Center hole looks bigger then Chevy. Don't matter. Happy Holidays.

Rvitko

I had the same dilemma, I ended up buying a pair of optional wide rims from a 76 Blazer, they are the same size as the CUCV M1009 rim, the only notable difference is the valve stem position. I only needed one, the seller was only selling them as a pair, I paid $200 for the pair thinking someday I might put on a swing out carrier and have two spares. If you want the other, I would take $100 for it, shipping is probably in the ball park of $30-$40 but I would need to check. I have seen the original ones on eBay for $60, but they were never available when I needed one. It is just a rim, no tire on it and it is factory painted bright white.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks