• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 starter

86cucv

i'm having trouble with my truck starting, sometimes when i turn the key it starts right up but most of the time i have to turn the key several time before it will turn the starter and start. i can hear the starter relay clicking when i turn the key. also my gen 2 light stays on at idle and my volt gauge reads in the yellow if i rev it up the light goes out and the gauge goes in to the green a little but after letting off the gas it goes back to yellow and the light comes on. i have had the alternators rebuilt along with the starter.

Somemedic

Sounds like the alt has died again. Before taking it back and throttling the rebuilder for shoddy work check all grounds
Are clean and tight. Make sure all batt leads are tight and connections are good. Test both batts and if they aren't
Hovering in the 12v range, replace. After that the truck should fire up fine. And don't wait for cold weather cuz you
might be stranded.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks