• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 trailer lights???

dozenjeeps

I recently bought a m1009 blazer with the 24 volt system and assume the plug in in back is set up for 24 volts lights... I am pulling a trailer to go to a rally and bought this truck to pull my trailer and military jeep... I think with the 6.2 diesel it will be more economical than my gas guzzling 5.4 Ford truck... what would I need to do to set up a brake control and I assume the light plug in is for 24 volts trailer lights??? didn't get a manual for it yet and want to use it to pull the m151 to a rally this weekend...thanks for any advicelll

Dodgeman1941

The lights are 12v, what I did was get a MV trailer pigtail and spliced a civi trailer plug into that and use that as an adapter.

Wolf.Dose

The military trailer can live with the 12 V of the recepticale due to 2 glowing wires in the military bulbes. Only one is light.
The black out system is no good for 12 V, it needes some 24 V to function to suffisiant brightness (even it is not a big lot, but it needs it...).
Wolf

dozenjeeps

lights on a m1009

I never thought of using the lights off a military trailer, I have a m416 for the m151 and thats already set up for 12 volt, but I have a old ammo trailer I sometimes pull behind the M37... Will have to check out and see if there is a plug I can use..appreciate the information, really glad to hear its 12 volt and I will be able to make it work on my m1009... thanks alot..