• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 update...floor almost finished...

linx310

Ok I spent the last 3 days trying to get the floor finished on my M1009.

I cut out the remaining bad spots in the floor and welded in some new metal.

Once I had it welded in and used a wire wheel to remove the temporary primer over all areas that had rust at one point.

I also cleaned up some minor rust damage on the inside of the passenger side fender.

I then put down some acid that converts the rust and cleaned it off. I then put down POR-15 on all areas that had rust at one point on the floor.

Once the POR-15 was tacky I painted a Rustoleum Primer over it.

BTW I had an incident with the POR-15. When I was under the truck touching up part of the fender with POR-15 I accidentally rolled it the pan of it and didn't realize it.

When I was done I noticed my hair on my head was stuck together and my neck and right arm were black.

2 days of scrubbing with acetone and I got most of it off. Though my hair is still glued together in some places.

Well back to the truck.

I finished spraying the bare metal with Rustoleum Primer and the let it dry.

I then cleaned out the entire interior with soap and water. Though the sugar sand still seems to creep back up on me.

Last I put seam sealer down along all the weld beads. That stuff is messy!

Hopefully this coming weekend I can get the bedliner down.

Attachments

topgun217

THe POR 15 is good stuff, LOL, sorry about your hair that sucks. I'm doing the same thing to mine right now getting ready for winter. When I put the seam sealer down, I smoothed it with a kitchen wiggit and then in places I dipped my finer in thinner and smothed it out so it looked more refined mainly in the tight crevises.

Looks like you did a fine job. The right rear corner is a real pain in the a__ I was deaf after all the pounding. What liner product do you plan on using inside? I am thinking of the POR 15 since I have a floor liner and no ones gonna see it. I read that depending on how you spray it on, it will have a flat finish to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks