• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Weatherstrip - Where to get it.

mcne2026

I am going to remove the rear top from my M1009 this weekend. I know for a fact it has not been removed for at least 12 years. I am fairly sure the weatherstrip will be destroyed in the process and will need to be replaced. Can anyone tell me a good place to get it and any part numbers would help if I will need them. Thank you.

mangus580

You shouldnt have any issue removing the top. There isnt any adhesive on them. Just take your time, and work slow, and you shouldnt have any issue. As you can see by my avatar, I am currently running sans top, with a Skyler Soft top :)

Armada

Be careful with LMC. From personal experience they use alot of 'foreign' made parts... I guess what isn't these days, but the fit is sometimes way less than desireable. I got an inner cap seal from them that goes between the cap and the cab, and it was 5 inches too short. There have been other parts too that did not fit very well, and some parts that have.
You also might want to try 'Classic Industries'. Google them. They have many parts too, some that LMC doesn't have. I haven't had as many problems with them. 2cents