• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 with a step bumper?

Mike_Pop

Don't you just hate the cheezy rear bumper on an M1009? Well, I do. So I purchased an M1008 step bumper and put it on my M1009. It took quite a bit of figuring, head scratching, steel cutting, and a little welding but I got it on and it looks great! If anyone is curious as to how to do it, I can give details. I don't have any photos but will try to get some soon.

Armada

Don't you just hate the cheezy rear bumper on an M1009?
Not really.
What you did with the 1008 bumper sounds interesting though. It would be convenient to have a place to step on to reach the roof. Soooooo....... (you knew this was coming)....... :)
nopics

Mike_Pop

Paul,

Unfortunately, the tranny took a dump...again. My M1009 is getting a replacement as I type. I'll have it back tomorrow and ready for the convoy. I'll take pics when I get it.

You can see the bumper in person during the convoy! See you in Aberdeen!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks