• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Woes

eraser

I picked up my 85 M1009 4 days ago and it had quite possibly the largest oil leak I have ever seen, I am talking bigger that the Exon Valdez. It would leak about 1 quart in about 30 mins. Tracked the leak down to the Vacuum Pump and replaced it. Prior to this the trans shifted just fine now it is shifting hard and revving all the way to what sounds like red line before shifting. After much research I found that the vacuum lines are the likely culprit so I replaced those and the Vacuum modulator on the transmission just to be sure. I have not had a chance to test drive it since the replacement as I am at work. The trans fluid looks to be fairly new and does not smell burnt. I tried hunting down the Vacuum regulator just in case this does not fix my issues but apparently no one caries it ( called every Auto parts store and a stealership). So I digress to my original question, Is there anything else that could be wrong if this does not fix my problem? And what is the vacuum supposed to be at the pump and at the trans when I check it with a gauge? Sorry for the long post guy and thanks in advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks