• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 A1 Spare Placement

Ty Robbins

I got my trailer and it's in really good shape. Eventually I will sandblast it and refinish it to deal with the surface rust, but there's no structural rust that I can find and it tows really well.

Spare and Parts.jpg Spare Mount on Trailer.jpg

I did get a correct M37 spare and mount and have a couple of questions:

• What's the correct placement for a spare on these trailers?
    • The one pic shows a possible placement on the right out-side of the trailer, but I am concerned that the thing would be getting too wide.
  • Looking at the parts I got, should there be a hub plate behind the spinner? If so anyone have any ideas where to find such a thing?
Thanks for the help!

Ty

Ty Robbins

Yeah, I've seen pics of one up there, but this mount I have can't be added there without welding a mounting plate between the A-arms - it requires a base for the bottom to bolt to. And I was thinking of putting a tool box up front...

Ty Robbins

put it where ever you want and what best works for you. Its your trailer.
I get that, but was looking for advice from people who have gone before me. None of the options are that great....

• Outside the bed on the sides, seems to make the whole rig too wide.
  • Inside the bed takes up a lot of cargo space.
  • Up front and I don't have a place for a tool box.
So any advice is appreciated.

Ty

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Nick

Mine mounts to the front and there is still room for a box, granted not a big box, but... One could fit. The only other problem wuld be the landing leg. If theres a box there, I wouldnt be able to flip it up. And I do have a plate going across the a-frame. I drilled four holes, tapped them and used bolts instead of welding the plate to the a-frame.

As for the locking plate, check Vintage Power Wagons, MidWest Military, or Snake River 4x4. All have them for around 40-50 bucks.

Nick

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I had a 101 with the same mount on the front, the MONG put the bottom of the mount in a vise, bent it back 90 and attached it that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks