• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Box Removal

Texjun

M101 Repair

In order to repair some rusted out section of the forward floor I decided to remove the box from the trailer

Removal of the box is a two man job but there was only one man that showed up.

Removal of the attachment hardware was pretty standard, only one broken bolt and one bolt that had to be cut off.

With the help of lots of cargo straps and a 2x4 & 2x6 for lever action, and using the trailer itself as a lever I was able to slide the box off the trailer, it is now sitting on paving stones in my backyard.

Next step is to repair the rusted out floor along the forward floor edge, any suggestions would be welcome?

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sandblast the holes really good, prime with zinc oxide, apply duct tape from below, flood above with JB Weld, remove tape, grind flat, prime, paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks