• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Q's

l1a1man

My trailer has the original older style wheels. Is it possible to take the existing hub and convert it to a 6 lug to accept chevy M1009 rims? I am not concerned with having the original brakes, I would probably remove them. (don't know much about these, it was given to me)

Also Can the original faded data plates be cleaned and brought back so they can be read?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You probably have M37 wheels. There is no conversion for that axle, but the M101A2 trailer has a different axle that uses M1008 chevy 8 lug wheels. These axles are sometimes available at surplus dealers. I've converted a few to the 8 lug wheels with changing the axle out. Dave Walker in Hesperia CA. may have an axle.
Walker truck : 1-760-244-8060
Greg

KaiserM109

See http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/36909-pic-request-m101.html#post403646.

I sawed off the original hubs and welded on front spindles from a '75 Bronco to get 5 on 5 1/2 wheels. Decide where to cut by how wide you want the end product.

Make sure that you plug the hole where the axle would go because there is welding slag inside the tube that will get out to the bearings.

I want parking brakes, so I will probably rig some up. The problem with just using civilian parking brakes is that they only engage 1 shoe on each side and that lets it role one direction.

Also my trailer is missing half the back leg and there have been a few times since I started using the trailer that I needed it.

THIS IS ONE REALLY GREAT TOWING TRAILER!!

Arlyn

PS I used the front hub from a '75 Bronco so that I would get a full floating bearing set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks