• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Spare Tire

1956_4x4

I need to get a spare tire for my M101A2 trailer. What wheels fit these trailers (not HMMWV on this one...)? I've heard that they are the same as a wheel from an M37, but I'm not too sure. Does anyone happen to have any idea where I might start looking? I'm located in NW Florida and have not found any salvage yards that have much in the way of m-series equipment in the area.

Still waiting on the SF97..........

Smitty

mangus580

If its the wheel like the M37, its not an A2....

And yeah, its an M37 wheel, exactly.

A True A2 will use an 8lug rim, like off a 1008 (or your 1031)

1956_4x4

Re: RE: M101 Spare Tire

mangus580 said:
If its the wheel like the M37, its not an A2....

And yeah, its an M37 wheel, exactly.

A True A2 will use an 8lug rim, like off a 1008 (or your 1031)
The data plate states it's an M101A2, but someone in the military may have changed it back to the old axle prior to my purchase. The wheels are the same as on my M101A1. It does have the 5-lug wheels, so I'll start hunting for an M37 spare.

Smitty

acetomatoco

RE: Re: RE: M101 Spare Tire

Any wwII Dodge combat wheel will work fine too, from the 3/4 WC or the 1 1/2 WC. If you are pulling it with a M37 you don't need a spare as you use the one from the truck... If you have a M715 there are adaptors to fit those wheels on your trlr, too...

acetomatoco

Any of the PW 126 or the WM300 Dodge trucks up thru 1968 can be wheel donors too

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

If the current tires are NDTs, the size you need is 9.00x16. Used ones are around, new ones will cost same as a similar sized truck tire, available from Coker or other vintage tire makers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks