• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1010 blue box

itsunday25

ok i got a m1010 i did the 12 volt swop i want to takethe blue box off the fender wat two wires do i have to put to gether to take the box out help i would like to clean up under the hood thanks if eney one has pics off the two wires that be good thanks.

gijoe13

The brown and white wire are joined together. Just finished doing this to mine a few weeks ago. What did you end up using for an alternator?

itsunday25

i used a 86 blazer parts truck for brakets and to look at i just need to clean up a bit under the hood where would the wires be at under the hood

chevymike

First off, I got your PM but not to bust you too hard but dude, it took me 4 times trying to read your message to understand it. Grammer, punctuation and at least reasonable spelling goes a long way. That said, here you go.

In the harness that goes to the DUVAC/TwinPut (i.e. blue boxes) there is a brown and white wire. See this pic. http://gallery.lisaandmike.org/albums/m1010/PICT6042.jpg

You can cut these back near the firewall and then join them together. See this pic. http://gallery.lisaandmike.org/albums/m1010/PICT6043.jpg

The white wire on the upper alternator goes to the ignition terminal on the new alternator. Run the + terminal on the alternator to the + block on the firewall, using a new heavy gauge wire (10 or 8 gauge) and run a new ground wire from the alternator to the engine and - firewall block. You should be good to go at that point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks