• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Electrical Trouble

wwiireenactor1941

I am posting for a friend.

He bought my M1010 last year, and has been going through batteries, The other day the voltage reg caught fire. He needs a new one, or an upgrade to a civi part that will work. There was a guy last year that had a post that listed a commercial one in a post that works, but i do not remember anything about it. He would like to go military, but the M1010 is notorious for eating batteries, any ideas or help would be welcome his info is below
He lives in PAGOSA SPRINGS CO 81147
Thanks

Bob VanCamp
PHONE NUMBER IS 970-731-1235 E MAIL ADDRESS IS limpingscholar57@aol.com

Michael

Surepower made the original Duvac unit. Here is a link to the pdf of their current products. You would need the 100 amp unit and it retails for a lot of money, but it is the best solution.

Search for M1010 and duvac and you will find other solutions.

tourdog

one of the reason for going though batterys is they are chargeing at dirrent rates one is 24 the other 12 it will eat bats fast and if your regulater is gone they will draw power diffent aswell i have a 1010 as well found it to be alot cheaper to convert it to 12 volt was quite easy change a few things starter and toke out the restore fore the glow plugs found no prombles yet doing that have not lost any batts or any thing michel is right very pricey to repale the dulvav system and very old tec. made just for that truck really not a good system and in 12 volt mode only 70 amp only 200 in 24 volt

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the wonderful world of owning an M1010 ambulance! Check with CUCVFAN...he has a fix for the charging problems.