• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 personnel heater issues

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear heater in M1010 isn't working...

Previous agency (SO) ran a new wire to the pump....and the pump works....I can hear it clunk..

The drain at the rear..when opened..dribbles out at a decent pace....more of a surge than dribbles but hard to explain...

Hold start position. ... fan works....strong diesel smell.... no heat....

Pump seems to work.... I'm thinking ignitor maybe?

Most info I see on TMs is about replacement, not repair or troubleshooting... other than bleeding..but I did that.

Thoughts?

m38inmaine

Mine seems to work better when the temp switch is toggled to low, might try that. Also check to see if your indicator bulb is working, won't affect it starting but lets you know when it does.

m38inmaine

3 minutes approx, when it starts is sounds like a jet engine turbine winding up and gets louder, it will be obvious when it's full on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks