• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 ,2,3 Tongue Storage

URBNFLX

Just polling to see if anyone has any good ideas for tongue storage for the M101A series trailers... I have seen many of the mainstream options but don't know if it will suit me or not(plus most of the boxes are diamond plate, which doesn't say Military to me...). I am looking for a nice place to put a couple deep cycle batteries to run my bed crane and some tie downs, tarps, stabilizer jacks, and tools.

URBNFLX

I'm going to run a tool / accessory box off a gen trailer on mine for storage. This is one of the taller ones, the one on my M116A3 isn't as tall as this one. I can take measurements and post them if you want.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/68294-m101a3-cargo-anchor-install-4.html

I like the look of that one, don't know if it would be big enough to hold 2 deep cycle batteries though. What are the measurements of it? Where did you find a box like that for sale? I don't think I have very many places to look for mil surp stuff around here.

Last edited:

number9

I like the look of that one, don't know if it would be big enough to hold 2 deep cycle batteries though. What are the measurements of it? Where did you find a box like that for sale? I don't think I have very many places to look for mil surp stuff around here.
Box is 40"L x 9"W x 9"D

URBNFLX

Funny you should say that, I have a military trailer that has fenders made out of diamond plate from the factory.
True, I have seen it used for places that the troops might be walking on like steps and fenders.. used as an aid for non skid surface. I was referring to an entire box made of it though just might not look the part even if you paint it to match.