• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 / A2 wheels

bumble900

Are the cucv (a2) style wheels interchangable with the split (a1) wheels?
I would assume they have the same lug pattern and you could interchange them.

Thanks
Mike

Sephirothq

The M101 trailer either has a 5 lug or 8 lug axle depending on which model you have and if it was updated.
Most have a 5 lug pattern that is the same as the M37. the cucv have either a 6 or 8 lug pattern depending on if it is a m1009 or m1008.

On the later trailers that have the 8 lug pattern the M1008 wheels will fit.

papakb

The M101 and A1 trailers used the 5 lug Budd split rims like the M37 but aren't interchangable with the A2's 8 lug wheels.

You can mount HMMWV wheels and tires on the A2's 8 lug axles but they're pretty close to the body. I used some spacers to move them out about 3/8" and solved that problem.

On the A3 trailers they retrofit/mounted a wider axle to match the footprint of the HMMWV and solved that problem.

Another option might be to use civy Blazer wheels. Same size wheel but they have a different offset than their military cousins.

Kurt

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only bolt patterns offered on the 101 trailers was the large 5 lug pattern shared with the M37 and the 8 on 6 1/2 pattern. -A3 trailers had a wider stepped axle to accommodate the 7" backspacing of the HMMWV rims. -A2 trailers had standard CUCV pickup rolling stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks