• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 generator trailer ?

dan00d

Hello all,
I have been looking for a M101 to pull behind my jeep and I cam across what looks to be an M101A1 that had a generator mounted in the box. the trailer has a few dings and dents but no rust and is missing the lights. Now here is the good part, the fuel tank is present and in great shape. Could anyone give me an idea of what this is worth or what the data plate should read, it is pretty faded and scratched up.

Thanks

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure what you might have run across...I'm sure someone else will chime in soon enough. Pictures would greatly help. But, as far as I know, the M101 should not have had any fuel tanks mounted on it. The generators have their own tanks, and it's very odd to say the least to see a military mounted aux tank on a 101.

Tanner

Last edited:

dan00d

Thanks guys I believe it is the M101A1 that was converted in the field then. It has several holes in the bed that I figured were to mount the generator. The owner is asking $900.00. Is this a reasonable price ? I figure I could either keep the tank and have an extra fuel source or drop the tank and offer it here. I am just not sure of what the value of this trailer is. I told the owner that I have not seen an M101A with this tank option and that I would have to do some research before I made an offer.

Tanner

Price may be good for your area, but I have seen nice complete (all lights & wiring working, etc.) trailers go for well less than this. Not an insult to the seller, but location could make a difference on pricing. I've seen them range in price from $250 to $1250, depending on condition.

Question: what tires/wheels are on this trailer? If it's a M101A1, then it MIGHT have 5 lug Budd rims from an Dodge M37. Or it may be a later version with modified with the M880 wheels.

Pictures available?

'Tanner'

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were several M101 based PU units produced. Some with a single 3KW set, some with dual 3KW sets and a 101 with a single 5KW set. Some of these did use a gas tank very similar to the M37. TM 5-6115-365-15 is the TM you seek for clarification. Also check the tongue on both sides to see if you see a PU number data plate (PU-619) or the like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks