• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Light Flip

Mark2X2

When I wired my M101A1 for 12v, switched my light assemblies flipped them and bolted them with the black outs up. Makes the lights more visible, if your not using the black outs anyway.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ressoldier

That is a good idea. Simple, no cost and adds to the safety/ visibility of the trailer. The only question I have is: Aren't your turn signals backwards now? :p

Yes I know you unhooked and then reconnected the wiring and not just put the lights with wiring connected on opposite sides. I just couldnt resist putting it out there, people here seem smart enough to figure that out but on other forums I would really worry.

Ratch

I've been thinking the same thing but haven't tried it yet. Good to know it'll work fine...

Was there a reason to swap sides? I have a few of these lights on my workbench, they don't appear to be side-specific from what I remember.

harleyhouse

That is a good idea!
I was worried that I would get rear ended by a texting teen prius driver,
So I went with large stake body taillights and removed the triangular brace so I could mount the taillights closer to the rear.

Attachments

Andercomm

Having never swapped out trailer taillight assemblies before...I assume its just a matter of two mounting bolts to the back of the lamp housing, and 5 power leads and a ground...?

Ressoldier

Looking at my lights you should be able to just remove the two bolts on back and rotate the light and bolt back in place. You should not have to undo any wiring. however you are correct in that it is just 5 leads with plugs per light.

jimmy-90

I just ran outside and flipped my tail lights. It took maby 5 minutes or so. I didn't have to unplug anything just unbolted the lights, turned them upside down, and bolted them back on. I noticed that it made the wires sit about level with the hole in the frame that they go through which is probly better for them if you don't have the rubber o-ring gromets that go in the frame holes to keep the wires from getting damaged over time. gotta say. This is an awesome mod.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks